Here, food safety comes first, second and third.
Food safety is a top priority for Seattle Fish Company of New Mexico. We strive to provide consumers with only the freshest and safest fish and seafood products that meet our rigid food safety standards.
In 2015, we achieved Safe Quality Food (SQF) Level 2 certification with a score of Excellent, validating our exceptional food safety and quality management practices. Click here to view our certificate The SQF program is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative, as well as retailers and food service providers around the world, as being one of the most rigorous and credible food safety management systems in the marketplace today.
We operate under the United States Food and Drug Administration's HACCP Seafood Inspection Program and are a certified shellfish shipper for the state of New Mexico. Governmental agencies regularly inspect our facilities to ensure adherence to all local, state, and federal food safety programs.
Food safety and quality is ensured by strict adherence to processes and procedures at every step of the supply chain:
- Sourcing high quality products from approved suppliers that adhere to safe and socially responsible practices;
- Verifying information and traceability of all products, including species identity, country of origin, method of production and MSC chain of custody;
- Inspecting all products upon arrival to ensure they have been properly shipped, stored and handled;
- Receiving and storing products in appropriately temperature-controlled environments by dividing our facility into five temperature zones;
- Custom processing of orders by our highly trained and experienced team members in our state-of-the-art production facility;
- Delivering with our fleet of temperature-controlled trucks to ensure the freshest quality of seafood to our customer’s doors.
From sourcing and procuring, communicating information, processing, handling and storage, to delivering our products to you, we’re focused on providing the best seafood on the market.